The aim education foundation
We are proud to announce the launch of the AIM Education Foundation. An initiative of the Australian Institute of Music, the Foundation was created with a singular vision:
- To support the development of a professional Australian music industry by funding scholarship and mentorship programs
- Our goal is to enable equitable access to music education and career opportunities regardless of race, religion, gender or financial capacity
- The AIM Foundation solicits donations from private philanthropy, family foundations and other funding bodies.
The AIM Education Foundation launches with three cornerstone projects.
1. General Support Fund
Provides academic scholarships and/or cost of living support for a variety of candidates including:
- Students of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent
- Students facing financial hardship
- Rural and remote students
- Gifted and talented students.
2. Instrument Acquisition Program
Provides funding for the acquisition and maintenance of quality musical instruments, helping students to reach their full potential.
3. Special purpose scholarships
Scholarships created to honour the legacy of outstanding individuals in the music industry. They will focus on specific areas of study and may include bespoke mentorship and internship activities.
the justin cosby scholarship
special purpose scholarship
Justin Cosby was the co-founder of Inertia Music. His passion was to discover, and be inspired by, great music.
This scholarship has been established with funding from Justin’s family, business associates and friends and will provide two thirds of the cost of the degree – which is $45,000 – plus mentoring and internship opportunities for one student per year to undertake a Bachelor of Arts & Entertainment Management, or a Bachelor of Music (Arts Management).
Eligibility and Evidence
- Meet entry requirements for the selected course
- Be commencing an AIM Bachelor of Arts & Entertainment Management, or a Bachelor of Music (Arts Management) program in 2024.
Students will be selected on:
Submission of a max 200-word personal statement about your love of music, and what impact this scholarship would have on you.
Applicants will be considered by the Justin Cosby Scholarship Selection Panel.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview.
A maximum of $45,000 will be awarded for the course.
How to Apply
Email our student recruitment team for more information on email@example.com.