A music excursion experience perfect for school students.
AIM Backstage Pass is designed to provide secondary music students at any stage of learning with an enjoyable, informative, and educational experience at the Australian Institute of Music Melbourne Campus. It is a day full of music and collaboration to give students a holistic music experience.
The session is designed to provide 4 key musical experiences:
- A musical collaborative performance
- A bespoke, personalised session
- An overview of tertiary study
- Live Music Business with Industri Education
Backstage Pass can be booked any time of the year to suit your education needs running on Thursdays. Here’s an example of a Backstage Pass schedule, running from 10 am – 2 pm.
This session is designed as an ice-breaker and involves either learning simple to complex drumming patterns and routines with one of our drumming experts, or alternatively, learning a group vocal work with our voice practitioners. Importantly, these are for all students and staff.
AIM Backstage Pass can be tailored to suit your music program and the school’s needs during this session. You can choose from the activity that is most appropriate to your student’s level of experience and needs. Options include:
- Performance workshop – our music performance experts will work with your students on existing work or works that are already being studied or prepared.
- Composition workshop – work with a composition lecturer to develop a score or electronic work
- Songwriting workshop – work with a songwriter to develop an existing or new work
- Theory workshop – develop theoretical knowledge in a specific area of music (i.e., jazz, romantic, 20th century)
- Digital Audio Workstation – learn about Electronic music creation and potential of DAW’s
An Overview of Tertiary Study
In this session, we will provide an overview of what tertiary music study is like and answer any questions your students might have.
Live Music Business with Industri Education
Led by our educational partners Industri Ed, this session looks at the Live Music Industry from all angles. Festival & venue management to working the sound desk.
Anything else we should know?
Backstage Pass can be tailored to suit the timeframe of your excursion. We’d love to collaborate with you to create something that fits within your schedule.
If you would like your school to experience an AIM Backstage Pass in 2023 but are unable to attend our campus, AIM may be able to visit your school.
Whilst Thursday is our preferred day, we are happy to discuss alternatives.
To speak further to one of our education experts, please book an appointment below.
Alternatively, you can give us a call at 02 9219 5444 or email us at email@example.com. To help us to provide the most meaningful experience for your students, provide information on the level of experience your students have in your chosen area, and any additional information that will help us to plan this session.
We look forward to seeing you and your talented students at Backstage Pass.