All students who wish to enter the Bachelor of Music Theatre must successfully audition to enter this course. An open-call audition day will enable a collaborative and experience-based audition, working with faculty and getting a sense of what student life is like at AIM.
What to expect at a musical theatre audition
Prospective students will participate in a 1:1 interview/audition and a dance workshop facilitated by AIM staff.
The individual audition consists of a performance of two contrasting pieces and a short monologue.
- Both pieces are to be performed with our staff accompanist. Please bring music for this.
- The performance should demonstrate your ability to act through song.
- If music can’t be sourced, performance with a backing track is allowed.
- We will also have a short conversation with you to learn more about your background and experience, and what you’re hoping to get out of study.
W e will also hold a group dance workshop that will give you the opportunity to interact with our dance teacher in a group setting:
- Please bring chorus heels and dance shoes for this.
- You will not be assessed on your dance ability.
See more information about live auditions at AIM.
We encourage you to showcase your interests and talents, revealing who you are as a performer. We are excited to learn of your potential and welcome you to our audition day for 2025 commencement.
You can learn more about musical theatre at AIM by heading to the course information.
Have questions? Our friendly Student Recruitment team is here to answer your queries! Call us on 1300 301 983 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.